- Rowing machines: When you learn how to do it right it lights up weaknesses you didn't know you had.
- Rowing helps runners and cyclists find power in muscles they hadn't used before
- One of the chief benefits rowing offers runners is improved posture
- Proper rowing helps runners develop robust midline stability to help shift running from smaller, weaker muscles such as hip flexors to more powerful muscles in the hips.
- Properly performed rowing gives a runner a solid blast of cardio work, works the abs, core and lower back, and even develops flexibility in the hamstrings and calves.
- Rowing machines allow runners to do a non-impact form of endurance training
- Cross-training during noncompetitive periods in the year and during recovery blocks throughout the season helps runners stay injury free and mentally fresh.
Where can you start? Power 10 Indoor Rowing Center in Avon runs a rowing studio for athletes in training and for all levels of fitness. Power 10 has a staff of certified experienced rowing coaches leading each indoor rowing class that will provide a heart pumping and calorie burning workout in a fun group fitness environment.
Sign up for an introductory class www.row-indoors.com