The tree-lined streets. The quaint shops. The warm feeling of community. There's really nothing like a small town to conjure up cozy images of bucolic bliss or sentiments of seaside sights.
Adam Davis of BuzzFeed recently posted a list titled “24 Small New England Towns You Absolutely Need To Visit.” Three Connecticut towns claimed spots on the list.
It’s all about the architecture in Guilford. Colonial and Victorian homes help make up the town’s infrastructure and Long Island Sound provides a beautiful backdrop.
Here’s the spaces you need to see, as recommended by BuzzFeed:
- Griswold Cottage, a B&B that offers cooking classes
- The B&B at Bartlett Farm
- Guilford Bistro
- Bishop’s Orchards: Market, bakery,winery
- Take a walk around the Green and see New England’s oldest stone house at the Henry Whitfield State Museum
The town’s cultural activities are why it made the list. If you’re visiting Washington, here’s BuzzFeed’s recommended spots to check out:
- The Mayflower Grace
- The G.W. Tavern
- Washington Pizza House
- Community Table
- The Institute For American Indian Studies
- Averill Farm (Stand reopens for the season in August 2014)
Wethersfield’s historic charm is a big reason why it was named one of the best towns to visit. The Historic District consists of 50 houses built before the Revolutionary War and 100 built by the time of the Civil War, according to the BuzzFeed article.
If you’re going to Wethersfield, here’s a list of spots that have the BuzzFeed seal of approval.
- The Silas W. Robbins House Bed and Breakfast
- Village Pizza
- Lucky Lou’s Bar and Grill (a pet-friendly bar and eatery)
- Webb-Deane-Stevens Museum
- Hurlbut-Dunham House Museum
- Shopping on Main Street
So what do you think about BuzzFeed’s list? What do you like about the three CT towns that were named?
Think other towns deserved to be on the list? What makes those towns great?