Nonprofit organizations focused on strengthening communities are invited to apply for the Champions award to be announced in July. Applications can be completed online at www.citizensbank.com/community/champions and must be submitted by Friday, March 7, at 5 p.m.
Launched in 2002, the Champions in Action program is designed to recognize and support nonprofit organizations for their contributions to Connecticut communities. Over the past decade, Citizens Bank and WTNH News 8 have honored 42 nonprofits statewide.
The selected Champion in Action will receive:
- An unrestricted $35,000 grant from the Citizens Charitable Foundation
- Coverage from WTNH News 8, including public service announcements and TV profiles over the course of six months
- Volunteer support from Citizens Bank colleagues and WTNH News 8
- Public relations support
- Promotional support, including advertising in Citizens Bank branches, on Citizens Bank ATMs, and on the Citizens Bank and WTNH News 8 websites
- The opportunity for the organization’s executive director to participate in a president-to-president mentorship with Citizens Bank and RBS Citizens, Connecticut President
To be eligible for consideration, an organization must:
- Be a Connecticut-based nonprofit organization that serves Connecticut and addresses the designated social concern;
- Provide verification of tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code; and
- Have a total operating budget of $5 million or less.
For more information about the Champions
in Action program, visit www.citizensbank.com/community/champions.