Town of Farmington – Storm Sandy Information
- Approximately 1% of the town is currently without power.
- The Town is pressing CL&P to restore the last remaining residents without power. Crews are in Town and we are making sure that they remain in Town and continue to restore power to all our residents. We are also pressing for more detailed information on restoration timelines.
- If your service wires are disconnected from your home, CL&P is making service crews available to reconnect service wires from individual customers to street poles free of charge. Any customers who are in need of this service should contact customer service directly. This number is (800)286-2000.
- The Town Clerk's office will have extended hours from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm on Thursday November 1 for those who need to vote by absentee ballot only.
- The Registrar of Voters will be open from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm on Thursday November 1 for walk in registration for the November 6, 2012 Presidential Election.
- Trash & Recycling Information - All trash and recycling pickup is back to the normal schedule. If you missed your pick up this week put it out and it will be picked up by the end of the week. If your regular day is upcoming, place trash and recycling out on your normal day.
- The Community/Senior Center at 321 New Britain Avenue will be open as a charging and comfort center on Thursday November 1, from 9 am – 4 pm. The Plainville YMCA has extended shower facilities to Farmington residents without power starting on Thursday November 1, 2012 from 5:30 am – 10:00 pm.
- The Tunxis Meade compost area will be open daily through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for brush and leaves.
- Please stay away from downed wires. Report all downed wires to the Police Department.
- Please note the following important contacts:
- Emergency (police, fire and ambulance): 911
- Routine Police and Fire Department calls: (860) 675-2400
- Poison Control: (800) 222-1222
- Power Outage: (800) 286-2000
Please sign up for Everbridge Citizen Notifications and check the Town of Farmington webpage for updates. Updates will be distributed regularly.