- At this point, it appears that Farmington may see significant power outages as a result of sustained heavy winds by Monday evening. Localized flooding may occur.
- The Town opened an Emergency Shelter at Farmington High School, located at 10 Monteith Drive. Charging stations and water will be available. Residents are encouraged to bring personal items and medications. Persons planning to stay overnight should bring pillows and blankets. Cots will be available. If you need assistance in getting to the shelter please call (860) 675-2453.
- Residents are strongly encouraged to sign up for “Everbridge Citizen Alert Notifications”on the Town of Farmington’s website (www.farmington-ct.org) by clicking on the “CitizenAlert Notification Sign Up” icon on the home page. Residents should also go to www.CTAlert.gov and sign up for emergency notices.
- During the peak of the storm stay indoors. If your power goes out CL&P will not be able to start repair work until the wind dies down.
- Stay away from downed wires. Report all downed wires to the Police Department.
- Farmington Public Schools are closed on Tuesday, October 30, 2012.
- There is a parking ban in effect until further notice.
- Town Trash & Recycling - There will be no trash and recycling collection on Tuesday October 30, 2012. Trash & recycling will be delayed by one day; starting with Tuesday, October 30th (ex. Tuesday will be picked up on Wednesday).
Please sign up for the notifications and check the news and Town of Farmington webpage forupdates. Updates will be distributed throughout the storm.