• At this point, Farmington has sustained power outages in approximately 10% of the town. Today there will be periods of wind and rain. Temperatures will be moderate.
• Town Emergency Operations personnel are working with CL&P to determine priority restoration locations. CL&P is currently working on road clearing and emergency situations throughout the district, which includes several Farmington valley towns. Restoration efforts will begin once all dangerous situations are resolved. A timeline for restoration of power outages in Farmington has not been determined at this time.
• The Tunxis Meade compost area will be open daily starting today through Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for brush and leaves. Residents are responsible for their own storm clean up. The Town of Farmington highway department will not clean up residential storm debris.
• As of this morning, the following roads are closed in town: New Britain Ave from Meadow Road to Route 6, and Hyde Road. CL&P crews are working to reopen the roads.
• The Town Emergency Shelter at Farmington High School will be closing today in the early afternoon.
• The Town has suspended the leaf collection program for today so that Town crews can work on cleaning up storm debris. It is anticipated that the leaf collection program will resume on Wednesday.
• The Town Hall offices are closed today but the Town Clerks office will be open from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm for absentee ballots only. The Town Hall offices will reopen tomorrow, Wednesday, October 31, 2012.
• Please stay away from downed wires. Report all downed wires to the Police Department.
• Farmington Public Schools are closed on Tuesday, October 30, 2012.
• There is a parking ban in effect until further notice.
• Please note the following important contacts:
Emergency (police, fire and ambulance): 911
Routine Police and Fire Department calls: (860) 675-2400
Poison Control: (800) 222-1222
Power Outage: (800) 286-2000
Recorded Storm Related Information (860) 675-2300
Please sign up for Everbridge Citizen notifications and check the news and Town of Farmington webpage for updates. Updates will be distributed regularly.