.

Barney Library

Flag as Inappropriate

<p>The Barney Library, a branch of the Farmington libraries, was built in 1919 in the Farmington Village. It was thus called the Village Library until 1999 when it was renamed in honor of D. Newton Barney, who had commissioned the library building, and the Barney family which had been active in Farmington for many years. The Village Library was Farmington's only library until 1983, when the main library was built on Monteith Drive. Today the Barney Library hosts many community programs including musicians, storytellers, authors and programs for children.</p>
<p>The Barney Branch recently underwent a $3 million renovation project to make the building more accessible to people with physical disabilities and mothers with small children. </p>
71 Main St, Farmington, CT 06032
(860) 677-6866
  • Accessibility Details: An elevator was added during the renovation.
  • Hours: Daily, 24 hour staff
  • Hours: Mon, Tues, Thu, 9am - 5pm; W 10 - 5, Sat, 10am - 5pm; Fri and Sun, closed
  • Accessible: yes
Share a review or post about this business.
Posts awaiting your approval 0
Who wants to be the first to post?
See more »